At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Director, Strategic Implementation
The Senior Director of Strategic Leadership Implementation will work with the Senior Vice President/General Manager and Managing Directors of Partner Success and serve as the major player responsible for planning and executing successful and informed product delivery to our partners. This leader will coordinate with fellow leaders within the division to ensure each new initiative is developed and implemented with a partner-first mindset and ensure partner needs are deliberately evaluated prior to rolling new initiatives out to the Strategic Leader (SL) team. The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in, coaching team members to their highest potential, and ensuring operational fluidity.
This role may be filled in Richmond, VA, Washington, D.C., or remotely.
- Lead efforts in partnership with division leadership to assist with partner-first operational planning, and ensure new initiatives are full developed and prepared for implementation:
- Understand partner and Strategic Leader needs when assessing new divisional initiatives
- Advocate for Strategic Leader needs (and partner needs by proxy) when vetting and contributing to division planning initiatives
- Roll out the new initiatives to Strategic Leaders and ensure their adoption & execution of various initiatives
- Serve as the SL’s go-to resource when processes and/or work streams need to be improved and/or refined
- Partner with division leadership to ensure outsized partner delivery execution of Strategic Leaders including onboarding consistency, in-day participation, and coaching & feedback.
- Supports in the advancement of the team’s knowledge and product understanding to drive outsized partner performance
- Foster team building culture
- Ensure SL understanding of new initiatives through on-going training
- Create tools/assets to help SL’s function at top of license, and serve as a point person for on-going gaps in SL needs:
- Manage content creation for all SLs including developing templates to create standardization of delivery for clients; examples could include proposal templates, targeting decks and client reports
- Serve as a central point of contact for RFP team
- Serve as a point of the contact for the sales team to identified key SLs that can provide support on sales calls based on skill assessment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 10+ years successful client management experience
- 2+ years previous management experience or exhibited strong coaching, skill development and/or mentorship skills amongst peer group
- Proven experience managing and executing against complex projects
- Work well in a highly matrixed organization and develop highly collaborative relationships
- Administration and organization skills with a proven ability to meet conflicting deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to approach situations in an entrepreneurial way and find opportunity for improvement/change
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.