At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Quality Control Analyst
As a critical member of the Centralized Operations Quality Control department, the Quality Control Analyst (internally titled Quality Control (QC) Technician) ensures the quality and functionality of marketing automation platform and workflow technologies, while also investigating and solving for issues related to overall campaign experiences. This role is responsible for functional and performance tests across multiple business lines and within multiple systems. The QC Technician will be validating user interfaces and backend components to ensure correctness of functionality by using manual and automated testing skills. By applying strong technical and communication skills, this role will collaborate with other QC team members, Centralized Operations leaders, and department managers while providing testing support to ensure accurate process functionality.
This role may be based remotely within the United States or within EAB’s Richmond, VA or Washington, DC offices.
- Ensure accuracy and correct functionality of multiple systems by using standard rules, procedures, testing, and validation
- Ensure existing applications interact correctly with the database by using best practices
- Troubleshoot and support system issues as they arise, working closely with Risk & Resolutions on appropriate communication to stakeholders
- Identify potential impacted areas to existing downstream functionality, presenting risk when needed - identify and log defects if/when needed
- Create testing scenarios for functional and performance purposes
- Validate user interface components with technical solutions to ensure correctness of system functionality
- Support in identifying the root cause of an issue
- Ensure the consistency of digital campaigns, including all associated emails and landing pages, and follow company standard QC guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of direct QA experience in a web- or mobile-based development environment
- A strong desire to learn new technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills: ability to analyze issues and address them creatively
- Detail oriented with ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, as well and collaborate with other departments, to accomplish a common goal
- Flexibility to work around tight schedules and evolving requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with team members and managers
- Experience using Excel to do quantitative analysis and use analytical reasoning
- 5+ years of direct QC experience
- Experience with testing methodologies of complex systems
- Experience handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- Familiarity interacting with GUIs and coding knowledge
- Experience with regression testing
- Experience with marketing technologies
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.