At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
The Executive Assistant will serve an important role both internally and externally as a liaison, information resource, and key point of contact within the organization. The successful candidate will oversee a broad range of administrative and executive support activities to ensure the EAB Executive is served well and productive. Excellent organizational skills, strong communication (both verbal and written), and a great sense of flexibility are required.
This position will ideally be based in Washington, D.C.; exceptional candidates who would be based in Richmond, VA may also be considered and are welcomed to apply.
- Manage and maintain daily schedule and travel itineraries
- Track against executives weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals and conduct follow up as needed
- Coordinate internal and external communications and meetings
- Draft, manage, and proofread documents/correspondence/presentations
- Design and maintain a comprehensive filing system (paper and electronic)
- Track and submit expense reports on a regular basis
- Prepare agendas, compile research and data, and help with collateral creation for meetings
- Assist in arranging special events, functions, meetings, and lunches including the coordination of all logistics
- Serve as point person for Executive with other senior leadership across the firm
- Work closely with other Executive Assistants and coordinators to manage projects, calendars, and events when appropriate
- Gather context and prioritize among multiple requests to suggest best use of Executive's time
- Provide proactive support of meeting set up: arrive at each meeting in advance and ensure all teleconferencing connections are established, materials up on screen and distributed as needed
- Participate in key meetings to take notes, assign next steps, and distribute communication as needed
- Support Executive's day to day needs to facilitate time management such as picking up/ordering meals and other one-off requests
- Support of department wide special events and in-day logistics
- Support of other department leaders as needed with meeting scheduling and events set up
- Work collaboratively with executive assistant to CEO and executive assistant to Chief Talent Officer to ensure coverage of executive suite
- Assist Chairman’s office with meeting preparation and logistical support for Board meetings, Policy Committee meetings, firm-wide events and meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum 1-year work experience (preferably in executive/administrative support)
- Attention to detail and prioritization
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience creating deliverables for internal and external audiences (using PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent PowerPoint presentation skills, both editing messages to this medium and crafting decks from scratch
- Discretion with sensitive and confidential information and materials
- Proactive thinking and problem solving
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to provide objective upward feedback to managers
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and autonomously
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.