At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Art Director, Advancement Marketing Services
The Associate Art Director helps plan and execute the art, design and other visual elements of effective direct marketing materials for a portfolio of higher education clients, including direct mail, marketing collateral, digital/social media display ads, email, landing pages and various client support materials, while ensuring overall production quality and effectiveness. The position reports to the Senior Art Director and teams primarily with other Art Directors. This role routinely works with client account teams, copywriters and digital marketing specialists and to create quality creative work that fulfills client goals and expectations.
This role may be based in Richmond, VA; Washington, D.C.; or remote within the United States.
- Research and develop understanding of each assigned client (new and existing) including school history, annual fund objectives, current challenges, current messaging platform/pillars and brand/graphic assets for existing and newly assigned clients
- Understand, embrace and integrate clients’ brand (graphics and otherwise) in order to create and execute art, design and other direct marketing materials (mail, freemiums, email, webpages, social media display ads and more) to meet client objectives
- Optimize client response rates by creating effective marketing packages built on proven direct marketing principles, strategies and tactics
- Build emails and landing pages using HTML and CSS following best practices to ensure optimal performance across all email clients, browsers, and devices
- Work within our marketing automation platform to build email templates and web experiences
- Work within our content management system (CMS) to format content and configure functionality
- Collaborate with client account team members, copywriters and digital team to help create innovative campaigns and ultimately ensure quality and timeliness
- Prioritize and deliver work per established deadlines
- Maintain current and accurate files of creative reference materials for assigned clients
- Participate in team, creative and staff meetings, specifically client discovery and rediscovery discussions
- Keep up-to-date of emerging technologies and trends
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 1 year of work or internship experience in marketing or advertising environment
- Possesses and applies the fundamentals of design and production, including use of Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), the Macintosh operating system, Microsoft Word as well as a workflow/project management system
- Knowledge of best practices designing and coding HTML emails
- Experience hand-coding responsive websites with HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of graphic optimization and web animation
- Proven organizational skills and self-starter with ability to handle multiple priorities/deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to leverage direct marketing principles, think creatively and translate ideas into art, design, and other visual elements
- Knowledge of and experience with web design and usability
- Print production and postal regulations and guidelines
- Animation and video design and execution, knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere
- A passion for design and the willingness to collaborate with and learn from other creative professionals
- Effective communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.