At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Entry-Level Relationship Associate (EAB Seramount)
EAB Seramount Associates play an integral role in helping to strengthen relationships and drive value to partner organizations. Associates will manage contact lists and activity tracking, schedule and prepare EAB Seramount Relationship Managers for upselling opportunities.
Membership & Client Support
- Gather intel via internal and external resources for partner requests & inquiries for Diversity Best Practices and/or other Seramount services in a timely and efficient manner for Relationship Manager
- Schedule and prepare Relationship Managers for interactions with partners for service and upsell
- Create, organize and review engagement reports to help illustrate and demonstrate the impact of partners’ portfolio
- Maintain and update contact database for regular communication with partners
- Build understanding of membership offerings and topics to inform partner interactions and service requests
- Work with clients on IT support day of the event
- Work with clients on event registration
- Create Statement of Work (SOW) / contracts
- Support contract process through EAB/Legal
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Goal-oriented nature
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Must possess at least two of the following:
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in an office setting
- Leadership experience
- Ability to effectively communicate by email and phone with executives
- Passion for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion work
- Demonstrates maturity and resilience with internal and external audiences
- Experience with Salesforce
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.