At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Specialist, Proposals
As an integral team member, the Senior Specialist, Proposals will gain experience in supporting the fast-paced Strategy and Operations team, as well as specifically supporting EAB with request for proposal (RFP) responses and compliance in general. The Senior Specialist, Proposals will serve an important role within the RFP team as a coordinator, liaison, and information resource supporting commercial teams in responding to RFPs. The Senior Specialist, Proposals role offers the right candidate a defined career path, a unique perspective on firm strategy and offerings, and the opportunity to build relationships with leadership across commercial, product, legal, deal desk, information security, and delivery, among others.
This role can be based remotely within the U.S. or at any EAB office location.
- Learn and develop deep content knowledge of select EAB programs
- Serve as the RFP project manager for public and private sector RFP submissions; specific responsibilities include:
- Act as the go-between with EAB and the procuring office
- Develop and manage project timelines
- Organize and lead meetings with commercial, product, legal, deal desk, information security, and delivery teams, among others, to move the submission forward
- Lead compliance review and execution of the RFP from receipt to submission (including printing and shipping, as required)
- Work alongside EAB commercial teams to translate sales and firm strategy into market competitive RFP responses
- Manage RFP submissions to successful and compliant on-time completion and deadlines
- Support ancillary documents as requested during the process (e.g., answering clarification questions, best and final offers, sole source documentation, etc.)
- Log RFP activity and provide regular reports to EAB’s commercial leadership
- Provide other support to the RFP team and the broader strategy and operations team as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of either project management, proposal writing, proposal development, and/or purchasing experience
- Proven ability for high level of attention to detail
- Strong communicator (oral and written) with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Strong expertise in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Initiative to identify problems, develop solutions, and deliver improvements without external prompting
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Proven consistency of being a high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Experience with state or university procurement processes
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.