At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Sales/Partner Development Representative Manager
As a critical member of the EAB Partner Development team, the Partner Development Representative Manager (PDRM), will manage and build teams of Partner Development Representatives (PDRs) to generate a qualified sales pipeline. Working directly for the Managing Director of Demand Generation, the PDRM will lead outreach and visit execution strategy as well as culture and staff management for an average team size of 7-11 PDRs. Please note, we are considering candidates across the Associate Manager, Manager, and Senior levels. Determination of leveling will be made by the hiring manager and will be based on candidate experience.
This role is based in Washington DC or Richmond, VA.
Sales Strategy and Visit Performance
- Own and be accountable for visit performance for team
- Monitor and report key business metrics for each PDR weekly and monthly including outreach, visits, warm lead conversion, meeting recruitment, fall-off and visit quality
- Analyze historical visit data to forecast monthly visit performance and establish monthly and quarterly cases to goal that maximize visit volume across all visit channels
- Manage partnership with Partner Development leads to enforce service level agreements (SLAs) and maintain visit acquisition strategies
- Accountable to accurate and consistent reporting on leading metrics (noted above) and weekly progress against goals
- Listen and observe PDR outreach phone calls; coach PDR on initial hook, objection handling, etc.
- Engage with and receive coaching from the Managing Director of Demand Generation
Business Process Management
- Lead PDR support of integrated campaigns; oversee and develop targeted outreach strategies in concert with PDR
- Facilitate as well as participate in regular (monthly/quarterly) product, constituency and competitor scripting refreshes and sign offs
- Utilize and effectively manage team compliance with Salesforce reporting and data accuracy
- Communicate and enforce department policies
- Responsible for timely and accurate audits, expense tracking and budget management
Culture and Staff Management
- Interview PDR candidates throughout the year to maintain robust staffing levels and a strong talent pipeline
- Oversee and run a standard PDR onboarding bootcamp and facilitate ongoing training for new PDRs
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of informal reviews, semi-annual formal performance reviews and individual performance plans
- Provide input on staffing needs, identify staffing gaps and offer recommendations during times of transition
- Capitalize on team and department incentives (trips, auction) to support PDR achievement and culture-building
- Mentor PDR staff to help guide career pathing
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of post-Bachelor’s work experience
- Experience leading a high performing business development, sales or marketing team
- Excellent academic record
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven success in coaching and training staff
- Proven success in aligning and executing on multiple, competing priorities
- Sales Acumen – Proven ability to understand and utilize sales best practices including objection handling, pushback scripting, etc.
- Communication – Very strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication styles to different audiences.
- Collaboration – Collaborates within and across teams, functions, and stakeholders to support continuous process, product, and service improvement.
- People Management – Attracts, develops, and deploys talent resources to accomplish team, department, and firm goals. Maximizes productivity and engagement by delegating and clearly communicating expectations.
- Problem-Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to address issues and provide solutions creatively, efficiently and successfully.
- Project Management – Demonstrates ability to prioritize, organize, set and meet deadlines, provide status updates, and deliver high-quality results based on the needs each project. Successfully manages time, cost, scope, risk, and quality to achieve desired outcomes.
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.