ROLE: SENIOR CHARACTER MODELER
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new Feature Film Animation Division. We are excited to offer a talented Senior Character Modeler the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area.
We will be producing the first CG Theatrical Feature Film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.
The Senior Character Modeler will work closely with the Art Director and Modeling Supervisor to create characters based on the approved art style. This is a great opportunity to be a founding member of our team.
- Producing high quality assets suitable for production both technically and artistically
- Working well within a team of artists
- Supporting junior members of the team of artists with technical problem solving
- Ensuring your assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Suggesting feedback and technical solutions on project
- Communicating with your Supervisor and Production Assistant on task assignment and scheduling
- Following concepts and briefs, implementing feedback
- Working closely with the Supervisor to identify process improvements/tools to increase department productivity
- Thorough knowledge of Maya Modelling Software
- Technical knowledge of topology solutions
- Experience working with Blendshapes and Correctives
- Thorough knowledge of Zbrush
- Basic understanding of Lighting and Look Development
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with production and other departments to solve production challenges
- Ability to feedback to other departments and direct any technical changes
- Proven production experience within a team min 5 years in featured film or similar.
- Knowledge of scripting and creating tools is a plus
- Knowledge and experience doing blendshapes and correctives is a must
Please not this role is onsite and not freelance.