ROLE: Senior Crowds Artist
REPORTING TO: Crowds Supervisor
SUMMARY OF COMPANY
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new feature animation division. We are excited to offer a talented Senior Crowds Artist the opportunity to join our very successful and established animation studio as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen for the first time.
The Senior Crowd Artist will play an important role in enriching the fantasy world our directors have built. Working together with Animation, Rigging and Layout your technical and artistic skills will help them bring sequences and environments to life. Previous experience in visual effects, 3d animation is preferred.
- Working with animation and the crowd supervisor to plan out crowd cycle requirements.
- Working with the crowd supervisor to plan coverage and crowd grouping and animation.
- Providing feedback to rigging to ensure that the assets provided are suitable for crowd systems.
- Working with the crowd supervisor ensure that feedback of tools and processes are relayed to TDs.
- Adopting feedback from reviews into work and ensuring notes are addressed or relayed to junior artists.
- A strong understanding of Rigging, Animation and Crowd Systems.
- Able to work and liaise comfortably with multiple departments.
The following experience would be a distinct advantage:
- Experience in Golaem or other crowd animation software packages.
- Rigging Experience
- Scripting ability