ROLE: Junior Crowds Artist
REPORTING TO: Crowds Lead
SUMMARY OF COMPANY
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new Feature Film Animation Division. We are excited to be growing our team of Crowd Artists. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen!
The Crowd Artist will play an important role in enriching the fantasy world our directors have built. Working together with Animation, Rigging and Layout your technical and artistic skills will help them bring sequences and environments to life. Previous experience in visual effects, 3d animation is preferred.
- Creating and delivering crowd animation simulations for background characters.
- Ensuring that simulations have required animation cycles and informing leads and seniors of additional cycle requirements.
- Delivering feedback of issues both artistic and technical to senior artists.
- Taking in feedback from senior artists into simulation and animations to refine crowd animation for desired effect.
- Familiarity with asset and animation pipeline requirements.
- Some experience with rigging, animating or a related TD role.
The following experience would be a distinct advantage:
- Experience in Golaem or other crowd animation software packages
- Rigging Experience
- Scripting ability