ROLE: PIPELINE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
REPORTING TO: PIPELINE LEAD
As part of Hasbro Entertainment, Boulder Media is building a new Feature Film Animation Division. We are excited to be growing our team of pipeline developers as we expand into a new area. We will be producing the first CG theatrical feature film made entirely in Ireland. The movie is based on a very well-known Hasbro property and we can’t wait to bring it to the big screen!
The Pipeline TDs will play a vital role developing and integrating disparate technologies to create a modern studio pipeline for feature animation production. You will bring your expertise to the technical aspects of the project while working in collaboration with the department supervisors and the production team. Previous experience in visual effects, 3d animation, gaming or tech sector is required.
· Develop, document, and maintain software and workflows for our cg pipeline
· Train and support artists in using pipeline tools
· Work alongside artists and production staff to provide solutions to production issues
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of industry best practices, conduct ongoing research and recommend workflows that will improve efficiency
· Thorough understanding of studio pipeline workflow
· Adaptable and interested in diving into unfamiliar territory
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· One or more specialty domains within pipeline (eg layout, lighting, production tracking etc)
· Ability to balance both long term and short term project deadlines
· Python development in the context of DCC applications such as Maya, Nuke, and Houdini
· Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
· A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
The following experience would be a distinct advantage:
· Experience using Golaem or similar crowd simuation software.
· Production experience with modern C++ or modern web technologies
· Advanced understanding of Shotgun/Toolkit or other production database
· Experience with the Qt application framework
· Test driven development