Passionate about your career? You’ve come to the right place.
If you’re looking for a growing company filled with passionate people who place a premium on building a world-class culture, then you’ve come to the right place. We’re a trailblazing team of food travel experts who have set our sights on transforming the taste of airport dining across North America.
Benefits, Compensation and Care
At SSP America we believe if we take care of our employees, our employees will take care of our passengers. That’s why we offer competitive benefits, and our first source for filling management positions is our internal team.
- Health & Prescription Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Plan
- Paid Public Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- 401K Plan (with company match)
- Awards and Recognition
- Meal Plan
- Free Parking
- Gym Discounts
- Uniform Shirts and Apparel Accessories are Provided (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program (including short-term counseling, simple will, financial & legal consultation, referrals for child/elder/pet care)
We are food travel experts from SSP America. We are passionate about bringing cool, authentic restaurants to airports that represent a taste of place.
At SSP America, our Food Service Workers have the important role of preparing, serving, selling, and stocking delicious food and beverages for our guests.
Our Food Service Workers are experts at a few things:
- Having warm, friendly smiles
- Respecting our customers
- Delivering delicious food quickly
- Working well in fast-paced environments
If you’ve enjoyed working in quick service restaurants, coffee or tea shops, or fast casual restaurant concepts, you’ll fit in on our team!
Here are a few things you can expect as a Food Service Worker at SSP America:
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner
- Process orders and enter them accurately into the POS system
- Receive payment from the customer and process change
- Responsible for set-up, regular maintenance, cleaning, and break-down of any machinery and equipment
- Complete opening, on-going, and closing checklists as required
- Return all items used during your shift to the proper place, clean and organize all work and storage areas (including all coolers and refrigerators), empty and re-line all trash containers
- Perform general and specific cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Other duties as assigned
- One year experience working in food service environment is essential
- High school diploma preferred
- Verbal and written communication is essential
- Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, etc.
- Food handlers permit as required by law
- Brand Certification as required
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items
- Ability to operate a keyboard & point of sale procedures to pre-check an order & close out a check
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long period of time
Ontario Applicants: SSP Canada is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities, 2005 in our recruitment and employment practices. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, including the interview and assessment stage, due to a disability, please inform us of your need and the nature of the accommodation(s) that may be required.