Tacombi was born on the balmy beaches of Mexico in 2005 with little more than a spirit of adventure and a cloudless, palm-filled dream of sharing a love for Authentic Mexican taco culture with the world. Tacombi is a quickly growing Mexican Taqueria in New York City and soon to expand to our neighboring states. At Tacombi, we value our employees and champion their internal growth with a one-on-one development program and a culture focused on teamwork and collaboration. We are looking for the most talented and motivated management team to lead this adventure – for now – in New York City!
About the position…
This is officially the first managerial position within a restaurant. The OSM assists the management team in all day-to-day operations, provides support to staff during service in order to improve their performance and adopts, embodies and implements the Standards of Mexican Hospitality. We view OSM’s as candidates to become our future GM’s & DM’s.
- Ensures that all the staff fully embodies our mission, exceeding the highest standards of Mexican Hospitality to guarantee that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and attentive service at all times.
- Thoughtfully manage scheduled shifts with a consideration for business activity, while ensuring that both the guests’ expectations and the profitability targets are met.
- Ensure restaurant cleanliness and an “A” grade from the Department of Health are met, to reflect the care and pride in the service we provide.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Tacombi brand to make a positive impact on the guests, team and community you/we touch.
- Motivate, inspire & share the knowledge with your BOH & FOH team to bring out the best in them every single day.
- Assist GM to lead the restaurant team in its day-to-day operations through hands-on leadership, attention to detail and an empowering approach to thoughtful decision making.
- Actively participate to achieve company objectives in sales throughout delivery and in store dining, delivering maximum quality and consistency of our products and giving the best service in order to achieve our guests satisfaction.
- Work with GM to foster an environment that thrives on teamwork, service, hustle and continuous improvement.
- Provide support to staff during service and identify ways to improve their performance.
- Assist GM to ensure that Tacombi Training Programs are being executed thoroughly and diligently; participate in the development of the FOH team and assist in the management of one-on-one employee performance evaluations.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel. Diligently monitor all violations of company policies, rules and procedures, enabling management to administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective actions.
This position reports to the General Manager & Assistant General Manager
About the Candidate…
- Has a strong passion for hospitality & guest service.
- Has minimum of one year of management experience in restaurants, preferably in New York City.
- Leads with a positive attitude, is able to teach, and is willing to learn and take direction.
- Detail-oriented and proactive with an ability to prioritize and deliver results on delegated responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Is able to excel in a high-pressure environment always using good judgment and strong decision-making.
- Strong understanding of restaurant financials; proficient in Microsoft Office and POS systems.
- Has knowledge of health and safety guidelines and preferably Holds a Food Handlers certificate.
- Preferably has a TIPS Certification.
- Has open availability to work flexible hours, days, shifts even on holidays.
What we offer…
- Career growth: We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer full medical coverage and 50% contribution from Tacombi for our management employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Retirement savings: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Vacation days: 1 Week fully paid, all-inclusive adventure, leisure, pleasure & vacation time plus 10 days Tacombi Holidays 🌴☀️🌴
- Tacos!: Sharing authentic Mexican taco culture means knowing it. Eat tacos every day on us!
- Cellphone: We cover a fixed amount of your phone bill every month.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Alice Tax Saving benefits for mass-transit & parking.
- Pre-Tax Health Care Expenses: increasing savings though Alice with Health Spending Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Dependent Care: as you take care of yours, Alice takes care of your pre-tax savings on dependent care expenses.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.