Tacombi was born on the balmy beaches of Mexico in 2005 with little more than a spirit of adventure and a cloudless, palm-filled dream of sharing a love for Authentic Mexican taco culture with the world. Tacombi is a quickly growing Mexican Taqueria in New York City and soon to expand to our neighboring states. At Tacombi, we value our employees and champion their internal growth with a one-on-one development program and a culture focused on teamwork and collaboration. We are looking for the most talented and motivated management team to lead this adventure – for now – in New York City!
About the position…
The District Manager coaches and supports the General Managers who lead each our restaurant’s day-to-day operations. At Tacombi, we are strongly committed to promote our team’s growth, by teaching and guiding the team while adopting, embodying and implementing the Standards of Mexican Hospitality for our guests and staff. The District Manager will be overseeing thee to four locations and will work hand in hand with each General Manager in the below activities:
- Motivates and inspires her/his team to bring out the best in them every single day.
- Leads the restaurant team in its day-to-day operations through management delegation, hands on leadership and an empowering approach to thoughtful decision making.
- Fosters an environment that thrives on teamwork, service, hustle & continuous improvement
- Serves as an ambassador of the Tacombi brand to make a positive impact on the guests, team and community you touch.
Guest Experience & Operations Management
- Ensures that all the staff fully embodies the Tacombi mission, exceeding the highest standards of Mexican Hospitality so that all guests feel welcome and are given friendly and attentive service.
- Thoughtfully schedules the staff with a consideration for business activity, while ensuring that both the guest expectations and the profitability targets are met.
- Ensures cleanliness and an “A” grade from the Department of Health, to reflect the care and pride in the service we provide.
- Writes thoughtful logbook entries to improve communication, works on communication skills, performance and the long-term success of the business.
- Ensure Taqueria Manager Manual is up to date and updated regularly.
- Repairs & Maintenance: Oversee repairs and maintenance programs for your Taqueria, complying with store-level protocols, while overseeing kitchen equipment maintenance.
- Maximize the potential of the team both FOH and BOH, by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, developing, and disciplining Managers and staff.
- Ensure that Tacombi Training Programs are being executed thoroughly and diligently; lead and oversee the development of the entire taquerias team, including managers and lead the one-on one employee performance evaluations. Keep up to date the Competency trackers for both Hard and Soft Skills to ensure all team members are at a 100% in their respective roles in order to jump to the next level when needed.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Efficiently manage the cost structure of the business to hit profitability targets for the restaurant and manage all administrative and reporting responsibilities.
- Efficiently manage Labor, COGs and Expenses to meet goals/ budgets set.
- Ensure a cost-conscious maintenance plan for all equipment through personal inspection and by following a preventative maintenance program.
This position reports to the Director of Operations
About the Candidate…
- Has a strong passion for hospitality & guest service.
- Has minimum of three years of management experience as a General Manager, preferably in New York City.
- Leads with a positive attitude, is able to teach, and is willing to learn and take direction.
- Detail-oriented and proactive with an ability to prioritize and deliver results on delegated responsibilities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Is able to excel in a high-pressure environment always using good judgment and strong decision-making.
- Strong understanding of restaurant financials; proficient in Microsoft Office and POS systems.
- Has knowledge of health and safety guidelines and preferably Holds a Food Handlers certificate.
- Preferably has a TIPS Certification.
- Has open availability to work flexible hours, days, shifts even on holidays.
What we offer…
- Career growth: We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer full medical coverage and 50% contribution from Tacombi for our management employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Retirement savings: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Vacation days: 1 Week fully paid, all-inclusive adventure, leisure, pleasure & vacation time plus 10 days Tacombi Holidays 🌴☀️🌴
- Tacos!: Sharing authentic Mexican taco culture means knowing it. Eat tacos every day on us!
- Cellphone: We cover a fixed amount of your phone bill every month.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Alice Tax Saving benefits for mass-transit & parking.
- Pre-Tax Health Care Expenses: increasing savings though Alice with Health Spending Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Dependent Care: as you take care of yours, Alice takes care of your pre-tax savings on dependent care expenses.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.