The Senior Taquero assists the Master Taquero (Kitchen Manager) in the day-to-day operations of the Kitchen team, working closely in the development of its team-members and monitoring the execution of all menu items to meet Tacombi standards.
- Execute the menu items as designed by Culinary Director.
- Monitor the production of food to maintain quality and quantity under the Master Taquero’s direction.
- Ensure the execution of Prep Cooks follow Tacombi recipes.
SUPERVISION, TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel. Diligently monitor all violations of company policies, rules and procedures, enabling management to administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective actions.
- Assist Master Taquero in managing the performance of each kitchen team member, train and develop them and building a bench of exceptional talent.
- Assist Master Taquero with receiver training for ordering and COGS management best practices
- Ensure all Kitchen team members meet DOH standards and conduct daily DOH Walkthrough
- Train Floor team members and Management on Menu Items.
SERVICE & OPERATIONS:
- Assist Master Taquero in the management of day-to-day kitchen operations, ensuring each role is executed correctly.
- Set kitchen systems and processes.
- Ensure Prep Lists are built accordingly and direct food preparation. Constantly monitor and adjust Prep Lists and par levels based on business needs.
- Support cooks and Kitchen Expo as needed when it gets busy.
- Work with receiver on daily Order Guide, ensuring that the proper quantity of products are being ordered.
- At the end of the day, ensure kitchen is shut down properly, all workstations clean, organized; everything put away labeled and dated.
- Identify potential issues (food, menu or equipment); find solutions and communicate timely with appropriately with the rest of the management team (Floor & Kitchen Management).
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (COGS & LABOR)
- Assist Master Taquero to ensure COGS and Labor targets are met on the weekly.
- Assist Master Taquero in building weekly BOH schedules to meet Labor targets. Ensure all staff arrive on time and follow the schedule, avoid OT.
- Ensure inventory usage is fully optimized and waste is very low.
- Manage daily labor by cutting staff when needed and ensuring 100% compliance with breaks.
Reports to: Master Taquero
About our Locations...
Tacombi operates nine taquerias across Manhattan and Brooklyn, and we have positions available at each of our locations.
- Nolita - 267 Elizabeth Street, Manhattan
- West Village - 255 Bleecker Street, Manhattan
- Flatiron - 30 West 24th Street, Manhattan
- Empire State Building - 23 West 33rd Street, Manhattan
- Fort Greene - 25 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn
- Upper West Side - 202 East 70th Street, Manhattan
- Financial District - 74 Broad Street, Manhattan
- Upper East Side - 202 East 70th Street , Manhattan
- Williamsburg - 242 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn
- Long Island City - 27-10 43rd Ave, Queens <--- COMING SOON, NOW HIRING!
- Forest Hills - 71-22 Austin St, Queens <--- COMING SOON, NOW HIRING!
Founded in 2005 on the balmy beaches of the Yucatan, Tacombi is a quickly growing Mexican taqueria and hospitality company based in New York City. We are always on the look out for awesome talent to join our team, especially as we continue to expand and to open taquerias in new locations. If you're looking join a company that prioritizes employee growth and teamwork, we would love for you to apply!
What we offer...
- Career growth: We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer 50% subsidy for our Management employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Alice Tax Saving benefits for mass-transit & parking.
- Pre-Tax Health Care Expenses: increasing savings though Alice with Health Spending Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care: as you take care of yours, Alice takes care of your pre-tax savings on dependent care expenses
- Retirement savings: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.