Our Prep Taqueros (prep cooks) are responsible setting up the stage for our taqueros by maintaining the highest quality and pride on the preparation of our salsa, toppings and taco fillings. The Prep Taqueros responsibilities are the following.
- Prepare items on the prep list using Tacombi’s Recipe Book and follow SOPs.
- Check your assignments for the day by reviewing prep list made by the Taquero supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and organized station, follow Tacombi standard operating procedures outlined in the Kitchen Station Workbook guide as well as NYC Department of Health standards. Including, but not limited to; checking for proper temperatures, using daily temperature logs and submitting logs at the end of shift to the taquero on duty.
- At the end of the day, ensure kitchen is shut down properly, all workstations clean, organized; everything put away labeled and dated.
- Support and assist team members when are needed and instructed by the Taquero supervisor on duty during your shift.
About our Locations...
Tacombi operates nine taquerias across Manhattan and Brooklyn, and we have positions available at each of our locations.
- Nolita - 267 Elizabeth Street, Manhattan
- West Village - 255 Bleecker Street, Manhattan
- Flatiron - 30 West 24th Street, Manhattan
- Empire State Building - 23 West 33rd Street, Manhattan
- Fort Greene - 25 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn
- Upper West Side - 202 East 70th Street, Manhattan
- Financial District - 74 Broad Street, Manhattan
- Upper East Side - 202 East 70th Street , Manhattan
- Williamsburg - 242 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn
- Long Island City - 27-10 43rd Ave, Queens <--- COMING SOON, NOW HIRING!
- Forest Hills - 71-22 Austin St, Queens <--- COMING SOON, NOW HIRING!
Founded in 2005 on the balmy beaches of the Yucatan, Tacombi is a quickly growing Mexican taqueria and hospitality company based in New York City. We are always on the look out for awesome talent to join our team, especially as we continue to expand and to open taquerias in new locations. If you're looking join a company that prioritizes employee growth and teamwork, we would love for you to apply!
What we offer...
- Career growth: We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer 50% subsidy for our hourly employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Alice Tax Saving benefits for mass-transit & parking.
- Pre-Tax Health Care Expenses: increasing savings through Alice with Health Spending Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care: as you take care of yours, Alice takes care of your pre-tax savings on dependent care expenses
- Retirement savings: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.