Founded in 2005 on the balmy beaches of Mexico, Tacombi is a fast-growing, omni-channel consumer and retail brand that is committed to globally sharing Mexican food and culture though hospitality experience, CPG products, community outreach and digital content. Over the next couple of years, we’ll be significantly expanding our footprint across the U.S. which means we are going to hire a lot of people and operate in new states. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for assuring multi-state compliance in those new jurisdictions we are expending to and have the opportunity to set the building blocks of our future payroll system by participating in new software implementation and other integrations.
Payroll and Tax Compliance: (40%)
- Perform weekly payroll submission including verifying proper time keeping records
- Ensure compliance with various tax jurisdictions laws
- Process tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, & direct deposit
- Payroll Registration for new states and jurisdictions
- Manage and maintain the configuration the time & attendance software to ensure compliance with corresponding jurisdictions.
System and Employee Administration: (40%)
- Maintain an accurate payroll system with all new employees, terminations, salary adjustments, changes to deductions or garnishments and tax selection.
- Issue onboarding paperwork for new hires and update corresponding systems when completed
- Coordinate time off and leaves of absence payments with Benefits & Culture Associate
- Maintenance of pay groups, earnings and deduction codes and WC codes
- Ensure an accurate and timely period end processing by payroll system as well as year-end reporting (940s, 941s, W-2s, etc)
- Ensure proper set-up of leave policies in payroll system
Internal Communication and Support: 10%)
- Communicate and execute company-wide payroll policies and initiatives such as early payroll processing, pay card changes, etc.
- Recognize sensitivity of information and use thoughtful discretion
- Provide resource, support and training for payroll managers
Other Duties and Ad hoc Projects (10%)
- Assist with implementation of company-wide payroll initiatives.
- Respond to employees and internal teams when there are payroll inquiries
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
- Respond to Unemployment claims received from PeopleSoft.
This position is FLSA exempt and reports to the Human Resources Manager.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources or a similar field
- You have a minimum of three years of experience processing multi-state payroll and tax compliance at federal, state and local levels
- You have high attention to detail and well organized
- You have experience working in the Hospitality industry
- You know your way around ADP Workforce Now
- You are familiar with UKG Ultimate Software preferably
- You are preferably a bi-lingual, Spanish speaker
- You are a problem solver, critical thinker, goal-oriented individual
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills
- You have a commitment to exemplify the highest integrity and professional business standards
- You’re results oriented, passionate and show a strong sense of urgency
- You have strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- Most importantly, you have a love for tacos
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Career growth: We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer full medical coverage and 50% contribution from Tacombi for our management employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Retirement savings: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: We value responsibility, results & productivity above all, so work how you work best.
- Vacation days: 2 Weeks fully paid, all-inclusive adventure, leisure, pleasure & vacation time plus 10 days Tacombi Holidays 🌴☀️🌴
- Tacos!: Sharing authentic Mexican taco culture means knowing it. Eat tacos every day on us!
- Casual office environment: with dog-friendly days
- Cellphone: We cover a fixed amount of your phone bill every month.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Swipe-N-Save® transportation benefits.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.