Tacombi is a fast-growing, omni-channel consumer and retail brand that is committed to globally sharing Mexican food and culture through hospitality experiences, CPG products, community outreach and digital content. Over the next couple years, we’ll be significantly expanding our footprint across the U.S., which means we are going to hire a lot of people and each one of them needs to uphold our brand promise, embody our core values and always extend Mexican Hospitality – Tacombi’s unique service culture – to our growing customer and employee bases.
Given the growth trajectory of the company over the next several years, the Director of People Systems and Practices will play a critical role in setting the infrastructure and people practices for scale. This includes implementation of a robust and fully integrated Human Resources Information System designed to support all Tacombi team members through the employee life cycle from hire to retire. Additionally, The Director of People Systems and Practices is responsible for holding Tacombi to the highest standards of compliance at all times from employment practices to multi-jurisdictional regulatory reporting requirements.
It’s a big role that requires an experienced and thoughtful leader that knows how to get in the weeds and execute, but also fly above the clouds to anticipate what’s coming down the pike.
- Ensure that the company has a robust and fully integrated HRIS that meets the needs of company and its employees at all times now and in the future
- In Q2 2021, the company plans to transition away from its current HRIS stack to a fully integrated, scalable and user friendly experience.
- 100% compliant in all jurisdictions that Tacombi operates with regards to payroll, wage and hour and other regulatory requirements
- In 2021, the company will enter into three new jurisdictions. It is imperative that the Director of People Systems and Practices is fluent in all people related and regulatory requirements in these three new jurisdictions to ensure Tacombi’s business practices are fully compliant.
- Collaborate with the Talent and Training Manager to incorporate state-mandated (ie. sexual harassment training) and Tacombi specific compliance training into the overall learning and development platform
- Handle workplace investigations, disciplinary, counseling and mediation of employee relations issues ensuring confidentiality and employee safety are the highest priority
- Maintain confidentiality and security of employee information within the HRIS and other
- Adopt and continuously evolve Tacombi’s benefits offerings with the Total Rewards mindset to assist in attraction and retention of top tier talent at all levels of the organization
- Develop and effectively communicate human resource related policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages, including KPIs and progress against Company OKRs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primary Function/Department: Human Resources
Reports to: CFO
Direct Reports: HR Manager, Payroll Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a similar field
- 8-10 years of experience processing multi-state payroll and tax compliance at federal, state and local levels
- SHRM Certification preferred
- Experience with a hourly population of 5,000+ employees
- High attention to detail and well organized
- You are a problem solver, critical thinker, goal-oriented individual
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal and communications skills
- You have a commitment to exemplify the highest integrity and professional business standards
- You’re results oriented, passionate and show a strong sense of urgency
- You have strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- Most importantly, you have a love for tacos
What we offer...
- Career growth: We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer full medical coverage and 100% contribution from Tacombi for our corporate employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Retirement savings: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: We value responsibility, results & productivity above all, so work how you work best.
- Vacation days: 2 Weeks fully paid, all-inclusive adventure, leisure, pleasure & vacation time plus 10 days Tacombi Holidays 🌴☀️🌴
- Tacos!: Sharing authentic Mexican taco culture means knowing it. Eat tacos every day on us!
- Casual office environment: with dog-friendly days
- Cellphone: We cover a fixed amount of your phone bill every month.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Swipe-N-Save® transportation benefits.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.