Tacombi is a fast-growing, omni-channel consumer and retail brand that is committed to globally sharing Mexican food and culture through hospitality experiences, CPG products, community outreach and digital content. Over the next couple years, we’ll be significantly expanding our footprint across the U.S., which means we are going to hire a lot of people and each one of them needs to uphold our brand promise, embody our core values and always extend Mexican Hospitality – Tacombi’s unique service culture – to our growing customer and employee bases.
The General Manager position at Tacombi is like an entrepreneur, head coach and hospitality adventurer rolled into one. Your ability to lead a team and inspire them daily is what gets you out of bed in the morning, but figuring out what we could be doing better to serve our employees and customers is what keeps you up at night. You think and act like an owner, because that's what you are. You have really sound business fundamentals, possess a high-level of attention to detail, and are invested in your own (and your team's) success.
Like owning any business, the job is as challenging as it is rewarding. The financial compensation for our General Manager is proportionate to their hard work, business acumen and leadership effectiveness. It is not, however, guaranteed. If you believe in yourself and the Tacombi brand, this could be the job for you to build a lasting and impactful career.
- Motivates and inspires her/his team to bring out the best in them every single day.
- Leads the restaurant team in its day-to-day operations through management delegation, hands on leadership and an empowering approach to thoughtful decision making.
- Fosters an environment that thrives on teamwork, service, hustle & continuous improvement
- Serves as an ambassador of the Tacombi brand to make a positive impact on the guests, team and community you touch.
- Ensures that the food, vibe, ambiance and team are always on point
- Ensures that all the staff fully embodies the Tacombi mission, exceeding the highest standards of Mexican Hospitality so that all guests feel welcome and are given friendly and attentive service
- Thoughtfully schedules the staff with a consideration for business activity, while ensuring that both the guest expectations and the profitability targets are met
- Ensures the highest standards of cleanliness and organization, to reflect the care and pride in the service we provide
- Develops and continuously improves upon operating procedures to enhance the guest and employee experience
- Oversee facilities maintenance programs, ensuring that our spaces are safe and that our team is able to carry out their job with excellence
- Develop and identify leaders within the organization
- Maximize the potential of the team both FOH and BOH, by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, developing, and disciplining Managers and staff.
- Ensure that Tacombi Training Programs are being executed thoroughly and diligently; lead and oversee the development of the entire taquerias team, including managers and lead the one-on one employee performance evaluations.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Efficiently manage the cost structure of the business to hit profitability targets for the restaurant and manage all administrative and reporting responsibilities.
- Efficiently manage Labor, COGs and Expenses to meet goals/ budgets set.
- Ensure a cost-conscious maintenance plan for all equipment through personal inspection and by following a preventative maintenance program
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primary Function/Department: Operations
Reports to: District Manager