Founded in 2005 on the balmy beaches of the Yucatan, Tacombi is a quickly growing Mexican taqueria and hospitality company based in New York City. We are always on the look out for awesome talent to join our team, especially as we continue to expand and to open taquerias in new locations. If you're looking join a company that prioritizes employee growth and teamwork, we would love for you to apply!
About the role...
Assist management team in all day-to-day operations, provide support to staff during service to improve their performance and adopt, embody and implement the Standards of Mexican Hospitality.
• Ensure that all staff fully embody our mission, exceeding the highest standards of Mexican Hospitality to guarantee that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and attentive service at all times
• Thoughtfully manage scheduled shifts with a consideration for business activity, while ensuring that both the guests’ expectations and the profitability targets are met
• Ensure restaurant cleanliness and an “A” grade from Department of Health to reflect the care and pride in the service we provide
• Serve as an ambassador of the Tacombi brand to make a positive impact on the guests, team and community you touch
• Motivate and inspire your FOH team to bring out the best in them every single day.
• Assist GM to lead the restaurant team in its day-to-day operations through hands-on leadership, attention to detail and an empowering approach to thoughtful decision making
• Actively participate to achieve company objectives in service quality and consistency, labor costs and employee and guest’s satisfaction
• Work with GM to foster an environment that thrives on teamwork, service, hustle and continuous improvement
• Provide support to staff during service and identify ways to improve their performance
• Assist GM to ensure that Tacombi Training Programs are being executed thoroughly and diligently; participate in the development of the FOH team and assist in the management of one-on-one employee performance evaluations.
• Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel. Diligently monitor all violations of company policies, rules and procedures, enabling management to administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective actions
• Open availability to work any shift
• Natural-born leader with a positive attitude, who is able to teach, willing to learn and take direction
• Detail-oriented and proactive with an ability to prioritize and deliver results on delegated responsibilities
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Able to excel in a high pressure environment always using good judgment and strong decision making skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Knowledge of health and safety guidelines; Holder of the Food Handler certificate