Tacombi is a fast-growing, omni-channel consumer and retail brand that is committed to globally sharing Mexican food and culture through hospitality experiences, CPG products, community outreach and digital content. Over the next couple years, we’ll be significantly expanding our footprint across the U.S., which means we are going to hire a lot of people and each one of them needs to uphold our brand promise, embody our core values and always extend Mexican Hospitality – Tacombi’s unique service culture – to our growing customer and employee bases.
The Senior Construction Manager is responsible for bringing the Tacombi neighborhood taqueria experience to life. You will ensure our new taquerias open on time, authentically on brand, on budget and will work with our internal team and partners to materialize our unique vision, building techniques and construction methods.
Tacombi Construction must be:
Authentic | Tacombi taquerias feel unique to the Tacombi brand and are set up for profitability from day one as the result of a flawlessly managed construction process.
Transportive | From New York to Tokyo, every Tacombi touchpoint that this role is responsible for feels true to the brand and helps Tacombi create a visceral and tactile connection to Mexico.
Resourceful | Every Tacombi location is exemplary of our resourcefulness and creative use of space and materials coming together to deliver and authentic Mexican experience.
About the role...
- Support, participate, collaborate, and provide leadership within the overall development team.
- Organize and lead external teams through regional / national rollout strategies.
- Enhance or create construction methodologies and processes to support rapid growth.
- Create Gantt scheduling systems for all new taqueria openings.
- Procure FF&E (furniture, fixtures & equipment) for all new taqueria openings through vendor oversight and processes.
- Manage the construction process resourcefully (i.e., value engineer where practical).
- Provide oversight to general contractors with discipline around schedule (time) and budget (money).
- Act as liaison between General Contractor, Tacombi Design team, and Architect and Engineers.
- Work with expeditors to support the permitting process.
- Lead all construction meetings (including weekly on site) and distribute meeting minutes to associative teams.
- Collaborate with real estate and design teams with due diligence on prospective locations.
- Support the team with code interpretation, permitting and inspection processes, construction drawing review, shop drawing review and project closeout where and when applicable.
- Manage various small projects throughout the estate supporting the operations team.
- Oversees the General Contractor and vendor performance during the construction phase through site visits and report review.
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in hospitality construction project management, primarily in an office / field environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Excellent budget and project management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills and comfort negotiating with third party vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills…can present complex items simply for an executive audience and influence decision making.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of a rapidly changing and growing business.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Willing to build new processes, procedures, and train others.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Passionate about hospitality, culture, food, and travel.
- Deep knowledge of reading and understanding construction documents with an emphasis on all engineering related disciplines.
- Strong visual awareness and attention to detail.
- Self-confidant and self-motivated.
- Proficiency in AIA documentation, ADA code, legal and safety requirements.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving.
- Hands on and proactive attitude toward work; ability to keep focus while working long hours.
- Ability to foster teamwork among diverse groups and disciplines.
- Ability to work independently with confidence.
- Budgeting, planning and financial analytics.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels.
- Adobe & ACAD proficiency
- Knowledge of project management software and comfort with GANTT charts
- FOH and/or BOH restaurant experience
- Experience in a hospitality company taking a concept from < 10 locations to over 50
- Experience bringing a concept into a new market, domestic or international
- Education in engineering and/or construction management
- Construction Management experience that spans the Eastern portion of the U.S.
What we offer...
- Career Growth: We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer full medical coverage and 100% contribution from Tacombi for our corporate employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Retirement savings: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: We value responsibility, results & productivity above all, so work how you work best.
- Vacation Days: 3 Weeks fully paid, all-inclusive adventure, leisure, pleasure & vacation time plus 10 days Tacombi Holidays 🌴☀️🌴
- Tacos!: Sharing authentic Mexican taco culture means knowing it. Eat tacos every day on us!
- Casual office environment: With dog-friendly days
- Cellphone: We cover a fixed amount of your phone bill every month.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Swipe-N-Save® transportation benefits.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: Always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.
- Performance Bonus: We are committed to providing a competitive bonus plan based on business and personal goal setting.