Born out of little more than a palm-filled dream and a spirit of adventure, Tacombi began dishing tacos from a converted VW bus on the sand-dusted streets of Playa del Carmen, Mexico in 2006. Today, Tacombi is a fast-growing, omni-channel brand committed to sharing Mexican food & culture through hospitality experiences, retail products, community outreach & digital content. Over the next few years, we have set ourselves on a journey to expand our presence across the country, which means we need talented and passionate people to uphold our brand promise, embody our core values and extend warm Mexican Hospitality – Tacombi’s unique service culture – to our growing customer and employee bases.
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) assists the General Manager (GM) in the management of the restaurant’s day-to-day operations and actively adopts, embodies and implements the Standards of Mexican Hospitality for our guests and staff.
- Motivate and inspire your team to bring out the best in them every single day
- Assist GM to lead the restaurant team in its day-to-day operations, hands-on leadership, attention to detail and an empowering approach to thoughtful decision making
- Work with GM to foster an environment that thrives on teamwork, service, hustle and continuous improvement
- Serve as an ambassador of the Tacombi brand to make a positive impact on the guests, team and community you touch
GUEST EXPERIENCE & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT:
- Ensure that all staff fully embody our mission, exceeding the highest standards of Mexican Hospitality to guarantee that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and attentive service at all times
- Thoughtfully schedule the staff with a consideration for business activity, while ensuring that both the guest expectations and the profitability targets are met
- Actively participate and assist GM in the management of the cost structure of the business to hit profitability target for the restaurant
- Ensure cleanliness and an “A” grade from Department of Health to reflect the care and pride in the service we provide
- Provide support to staff during service and identify ways to improve their performance
- Assist GM to ensure that Tacombi Training Programs are being executed thoroughly and diligently; participate in the development of the FOH team and assist in the management of one-on-one employee performance evaluations
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures