Founded in 2005 on the balmy beaches of Mexico, Tacombi is a quickly growing company in New York
looking for creative strength in visually building and sharing our brand story. We are looking for a
knowledgeable talented multi-disciplined Brand Architect Manager (interior designer – architect –
engineer) who has the ability to balance business needs, aggressive timelines, functional goals and more
while constantly pushing for high quality/standards across the system. The Brand Architect Manager must
be a highly creative and effective professional with residential, retail, restaurant and hospitality design
experience and a demonstrated ability to create and execute innovative concepts and user experiences.
The manager must be able to effectively collaborate with peers in the real estate, construction, operations
and other key departments to execute to the highest standards.
The ideal candidate:
● Is expert in AutoCAD, Revit & Sketchup (a plus). Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications, experienced with Adobe Photoshop and 3D Visualization (a plus).
● Has a solid understanding of F&B and Hospitality operations.
● Has a strong visual awareness and attention to detail.
● Has strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
● Is self-confident and motivated.
● Is “Hands on” and has a “Proactive” attitude to work.
● Works effectively in a collaborative team environment/schedule/time.
● Is a creative sourcing and a visual research/reference.
● Has a demonstrated design management skills of multi-disciplinary team (5+ years)
● Has design experience on retail, restaurant and hospitality environments preferred, (5+ years)
● Has a general business experience in a large organization and the ability to:
● Execute complex and/or large-scale concept design projects (3+ years)
● Keep focus while working long hours
● Multi-task under tight deadlines
● Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
● Foster teamwork among diverse groups and disciplines
● Plan and manage schedules for multiple tasks
● Work independently and meet deadlines
● Elevate design in a fluid and fast-moving business environment
● Zoom in and out between the big picture and the details regarding design, development, schedule and budget.
● Is eager to research and learn about Mexican culture & lifestyle -- a love for tacos a must.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Create and lead a strong collaborative design culture celebrating the rich Mexican hospitality.
● Execute the fine balance of form & function to enable and enhance the in-store experience.
● Communicate with maturity and provide respect while spanning all internal hierarchy, disciplines, processes and more.
● Support and co-manage through the diligence efforts of any new store or store remodel.
● Support the construction team with:
○ Code review
○ Permitting and inspection processes
○ Construction drawings, submittals and visits
○ Shop drawing review
○ Project closeout
● Supervise and evaluate work of all external design teams to achieve business needs, cost containment and quality.
● Collaborate with broader store development team to meet internal project timelines, annual new store and remodel project counts.
● Negotiate contracts and manage work efforts of the external design consultants to ensure they deliver high quality construction documents that comply with design and quality standards, building codes and health and safety regulations, on time and on budget.
● Develop annual operating plan, budget, and quarterly forecast updates.
● Monitor and report on external design performance, progress towards annual goals, and variances in store costs and store count forecasts relative to strategic plans for the business.
● Design, development and maintenance of a Tacombi Brand Style Guide/Kit of Parts for scale.
● Design Development of Brand Touch points and detailed FF&E package.
● Work/Collaborate with CDO & CCO to Develop & Execute unique brand design vision.
The Brand Architect Manager will report to de CDO and work closely with the CCO.
● Career growth: Tacombi grew from very little more than a broken-down VW bus on a beach. We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
● Vacation: 2 Weeks fully paid, all-inclusive adventure, leisure, pleasure & vacation time plus Tacombi Holidays ☀️
● Health: Our team is our most important asset and we want to take good care of it. We offer full medical, dental, and vision insurance.
● Tacos!: Sharing authentic Mexican taco culture means knowing it. Eat tacos every day on us!
● Flexible Work Arrangements: We value responsibility, results & productivity more than anything else so work how you work best.
● Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
● Commute: Easing your daily commute with Swipe-N-Save® transportation benefits
¡Gracias por su preferencia!