The Master Taquero ensures the flawless execution of all menu items to meet Tacombi standards; They manage the day-to-day BOH operations working hard to meet Labor, COGS and Operations goals. A chef de cuisine works side by side with the GM to make their store a successful location.
Founded in 2005 on the balmy beaches of the Yucatan, Tacombi is a quickly growing Mexican taqueria and hospitality company based in New York City. We are always on the look out for awesome talent to join our team, especially as we continue to expand and to open taquerias in new locations. If you're looking join a company that prioritizes employee growth and teamwork, we would love for you to apply!
o Execute the menu items as designed by executive chef and as shown in workshops
o Lead and monitor all food production to maintain quality and quantity goals
o Purchases accordingly to execute menu to its fullest
o Execute Menu by following recipes provided by Culinary director
o Manage the training and development of all BOH staff including Sous-chefs.
o Build a bench of exceptional BOH talent through personal development and cross-training o Train senior BOH team-members (receiver & sous) for ordering and COGS management best practices
o Manage the performance of each member of the BOH team
o Train BOH team to meet DOH standards and for DOH inspection readiness
o Trains FOH staff by explaining Menu items during huddle ups
Service & Operations
o Manage day-to-day kitchen operations; create and maintain systems and processes to increase knowledge, efficiency and productivity of BOH team
o Work on daily Order Guide, ensuring full optimization of the quantity of products being ordered o Build and manage a maintenance and repairs calendar
o Partner with GM to build strong relationships with service providers
o Ensure proper maintenance of equipment
o Working closely with GM, create and maintain systems and processes to ensure Labor and COGS targets are met and P&L’s are aligned.
o Works with GM and sous-chefs to ensure waste is very low.
o Build weekly BOH schedules to meet labor targets and confirms with KOM if any over time will hit o Manage daily forecast of products to be sold to optimize inventory usage
o Able to work any shift and flexible schedule
o Able to work long hours
o Holder of a Food Handler certificate
o Clean and organized with excellent hygiene
o Physically fit and able to safely lift up to 50 pounds
o Detail-oriented and proactive
o Multi-tasks efficiently
o Positive attitude
o Willing to learn and take direction
o Knowledge of Mexican Cuisine
o Financial Knowledge
Works With: General Manager
About our Locations...
Tacombi operates nine taquerias across Manhattan and Brooklyn:
- Nolita - 267 Elizabeth Street, Manhattan
- West Village - 255 Bleecker Street, Manhattan
- Flatiron - 30 West 24th Street, Manhattan
- Empire State Building - 23 West 33rd Street, Manhattan
- Fort Greene - 25 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn
- Upper West Side - 202 East 70th Street, Manhattan
- Financial District - 74 Broad Street, Manhattan
- Upper East Side - 202 East 70th Street , Manhattan
- Williamsburg - 242 Metropolitan Avenue, Brooklyn
- Long Island City - 27-10 43rd Ave, Queens
- Forest Hills - 71-22 Austin St, Queens <--- COMING SOON!
What we offer...
- Career growth: We have seen growth through learning, resourcefulness and persistence and can offer an aggressive career path to those that share these qualities.
- Health: Our team is our most important asset. We offer 50% subsidy for our Management employees, with the option to add spouses and family under our plan at employee’s cost. Dental, and vision are also offered at employee’s cost.
- Commute: Easing your daily commute with Alice Tax Saving benefits for mass-transit & parking.
- Pre-Tax Health Care Expenses: increasing savings though Alice with Health Spending Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care: as you take care of yours, Alice takes care of your pre-tax savings on dependent care expenses
- Retirement savings: 401(k) plan to prepare you for the future.
- Referral Bonus: We are committed to working with and sharing our taco adventure with the best and brightest. If you can help us find Tacombi talent, we’ll show our appreciation and reward you.
- Growing set of benefits: Always looking to take care of our own the best way we can.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Masks are required at all times, Covid-19 Vaccination Required and a health screening form should be completed before the start of each shift and temperature is checked.