Born on the beaches of Mexico, Tacombi is a fast-growing, omni-channel consumer and retail brand that is committed to sharing Mexican food and culture through CPG products, hospitality experiences, community outreach and digital content across the globe. What initially started out as taqueria operating under the Tacombi brand name has evolved into an omni-channel business with CPG & DTC business that share Mexican food and culture through our Tacombi and Vista Hermosa products. Tacombi is building out its DTC and CPG team with a talented group of foodies, salespeople, marketers and innovators with an entrepreneurial spirit to join us!
Tacombi is seeking a Head of Content to build a brand strategy & content program rooted in connecting people to Mexico. The focus of the role will be to build, manage and lead a team to execute on the Tacombi content vision, build traffic and audience engagement. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of strategy, communication, exceptional storytelling and team building.
The Tacombi content program is an idea grounded in exploration & discovery using film, food, journalism and deep storytelling to inspire curiosity and connect people to Mexico. Ranging from the aspirational to the practical, the charge is to develop a cadence of creative content that entertains, educates and presents Tacombi as a trusted guide to Mexico with a unique, relevant perspective. As a long-term commitment, the development of the Tacombi content platform is a large, strategic brand building project that will define our voice and express the Tacombi mission.
• Define, develop & produce the Tacombi voice & vision through content & storytelling across channels.
• Define the needs to execute on the brand vision then build, inspire and lead that team.
• Create brand and editorial guidelines for developing content across copy, video, audio and photo.
• Define an ownable content strategy and devise a scalable content production process that can grow, evolve with the business and inspire it.
• Establish a strong POV on topics for Tacombi to own the conversation about, grounded in sharing Mexico.
• Build audience, drive growth and engagement through a culturally relevant unique brand perspective.
• Coordinate and manage a team of full-time employees as well as freelance writers, editors & producers.
• Oversea all content production and maintain the Tacombi brand standards.
• Serve as a champion for content and storytelling within Tacombi and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
• Refine and develop strategy through data, feedback and analysis
• Collaborate with Finance to plan and manage all department budgets.
• Establish growth targets for publication, track performance and lead periodic reporting.
• Collaborate with Tacombi's CEO, CCO & CMO to continually develop branded content ideas and strategy.
• Research and present the stories behind Mexican food culture and be a voice on the product innovation team.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Demonstrated success in producing culturally relevant content for diverse communities
• Experience leading teams in digital, video, and print media
• Demonstrated history of delivering exceptional content in a multi-channel environment
• A collaborative and resourceful leader who takes initiative to work with internal stakeholders
• Experience in leading through organizational and cultural growth.
• Understanding of food and food content production.
• Demonstrated experience in building a culture of trust and inclusion
• Experience with food content and understand specific nuances surrounding a methodical approach to food
• Strong business mindset, excellent editing and proofreading skills, networking and interpersonal skills, and the ability to guide a team towards business goals