The Director - Sales is responsible for all aspects of the daily sales function to drive business through existing through both existing and targeted customers nationally. The Director – Sales will be responsible for a team of 2 direct reports. This position will also leverage broker relationships, ensuring flawless execution in c-store, food service, school, and government channels.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Lead and develop a team of 2 Sales Managers
- Tactical management of broker budgets and monthly spends.
- Grow existing and new business through effective broker management.
- Drive brand growth by working cross-functionally with the Shopper Marketing team to implement retail POS materials.
- Ensure retail execution around increasing space, pricing, promotion, distribution, SKU management, etc.
- Leverage merchandising and placement of in-store tools to grow branded products.
- Work in concert with Sales team to drive corporate initiatives.
- Encourage growth within the area through benchmarking, customer leads, organized approach, and best practices.
- Participate in industry specific associations, trade shows, and customer events.
WORK EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- 10+ years of sales experience in the consumer products industry, preferred in c-store, food service, school and/or government channels.
- Warehouse management experience is required.
- Dairy experience is strongly preferred.
SKILLS / OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Must have a proven track record of success growing sales and developing new customers.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to be effective in a results driven, entrepreneurial, fast-paced work environment.
- Analytical and decision making ability.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, self-motivate, and manage time effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
- The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is necessary.
- Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending on the project or assignment.
- Must be able to travel 50+% of the time.