This Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the daily equipment maintenance and daily direction setting for Maintenance Technicians, Blow Mold Operation and Process Controls. This position will focus on maintenance programs and processes while partnering with operations to increase productivity and profitability within the facility and reduce downtime. Provides expertise to subordinates in interpreting product specifications and troubleshooting system problems. Consults and directs maintenance on equipment reliability. Will partner with Maintenance Scheduler and Planner on PM implementation as well as Utilities Lead and Technicians.
3rd shift hours are 10:30 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. and the flexibility to work weekends
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides shift leadership to the maintenance staff including setting direction on daily activities and administering company policies.
- Schedules work of subordinates and establishes daily priorities for completion of work assignments within operating budgets.
- Maintains maintenance records. Interprets daily downtime reports.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Provides administration and supervision of the plant maintenance function as directed.
- Arranges for maintenance of adequate level of supplies, materials and parts so that there will be no interruption in operations due to shortages.
- Resolves technical problems encountered related to area of responsibility.
- Provides and plans technical training.
- Arranges for all equipment in area to be properly maintained and upgraded as needed.
- Provides daily logs including daily scheduled and nonscheduled work sheets and equipment PMs.
- Stays current in new technologies and applies them as applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOP's) for area of responsibility.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Five or more years of experience in industrial maintenance with at least two or more years of experience in a leadership capacity
- Prior experience in a beverage, food or other clean manufacturing environment with familiarity with quality, GMP and hygiene regulations preferred.
- Prior experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, electric systems and PLC control systems and communication systems.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programs with a grasp of financial factors in maintenance.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications; business management software (SAP preferred) needed as well as Preventative Maintenance Software and work orders.
- Understanding of production processes & technical troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Continuous improvement or process improvement experience. Green belt or black belt certification or prior TPM experience preferred.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to facilitate change.
- Time management, delegation and organization skills with strong problem solving ability.
- Ability to grow relationships with business partners and to lead, coach and develop employees.
- Schedule flexibility with the ability to provide on call coverage.
LALA Branded Products is an EEO employer