JOB PURPOSE (JOB SUMMARY):
The Production Supervisor is a key management position with significant involvement and essential responsibility for overall operational results during the shift. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor shall safely produce and deliver a quality product and service on time and cost effectively. The Operations Supervisor will also be responsible for establishing and implementing employee training programs.
Schedule: 10:30pm to 7:30am (available to work weekends)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Direct workforce in production, distribution, and sanitation operations to achieve optimum efficiency in production, cost, quality, and safety objectives.
- Initiates and directs activities toward the development and implementation of employee training programs with the objective of increasing job knowledge and safety in all production departments.
- Continuous promotion of plant safety, proving leadership to ensure compliance with all regulatory and company policies and procedures, programs, and practices.
- Ensure 100% compliance with food safety and food quality expectations consistent with the intended design and desired image. To include adherence to all GMP’s and SQF regulations and initiatives.
- Monitor daily production metrics to ensure quotas are met. Ensure continual improvement for operational efficiencies, productivity, quality, and safety performance. Analyze and communicate labor and yield/productivity metrics and reporting. Establish benchmarks and ensure process improvement initiatives are implemented.
- Advise Operations Manager of any problems or potential problems that affect the ability of the operation to produce in a safe, timely, efficient manner, including – but not limited to – personnel, equipment, transportation, quality, and raw materials.
- Serve as a back-up for Operations Manager or other Managers, as necessary.
- Foster participation of the workforce to enhance awareness and cooperation. Provide leadership for personal and professional growth to operational leads and line-associates. Provide measured balance of data/people management skills. Maintain communication in an approachable, hands-on, supportive role.
- Contribute to the development and daily management of budgets and cost control.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-5 Years manufacturing experience. Dairy plant, milk processing, or bottling operations experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in business, food science, industrial engineering, or chemical engineering
- Strong continuous improvement experience in creating and implementing processes and procedures, including 5S, kaizen events and root cause analysis. Green or Black belt is a plus.
- Knowledge of and working experience with SAP enterprise software system
- Ability to adapt to work schedule dependent on business and operational needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Union environment (preferred)
SKILLS / OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
· Proficient in basic math.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office to include, word, excel, Outlook.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Strong organization and time management skills, attention to details.
· Adheres to all company policies and procedures and safety rules.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Follows company rules and regulations.
· Constantly stands.
· Frequently walks.
· Occasionally sits.
· Occasionally type/keyboard, grip and repetitive hand use.
· Frequently bends at the waist.
· Occasionally twists and turns, kneels and squats.
· Frequently would need the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
· Occasionally would need the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Frequently need to push/pull up to 30 pounds.
· Occasionally would need the ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds.
· Work hours may vary depending on production needs.
· Constantly exposed to loud noises when on the production floor.