JOB PURPOSE (JOB SUMMARY):
The CI Specialist provides a full range of productivity support services to manufacturing operations and cost reduction programs. CI Initiatives include leading lean events, developing and measuring facility systems, and developing and delivering continuous improvement training programs for the facility. The CI Specialist provides support in disciplines of best business practices including, but not limited to, yield improvement, manpower utilization, overhead spend, capital utilization, indirect spend, plant utilization and efficiency, working capital both raw material and finished goods. This role will work closely with all areas of the plant to drive greater utilization of processes and procedures and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved. This role is based in Omaha, NE and will require occasional travel to Colorado Springs, CO.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
• Plan and execute CI projects by developing upstream smart ideas/best practice replication.
• Identify opportunities for productivity within the facility and coordinate projects through to completion.
• Engage line/process/department personnel in all phases of improvement efforts (including Value Stream Mapping, DMAIC projects, line balancing, creating standard work, SMED and daily work improvements).
• Apply technical skills (such as Lean/6 Sigma, etc.) to deliver measurable results.
• Support the Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale principles, line start-ups and work on minor capital projects that are primarily CI driven. Support the evaluation and implementation of the Ideas and Suggestions process.
• Collaborate with plant leadership and finance to realize productivity of CI projects. Capture and communicate significant learnings to enable utilization of best practices.
• Coaches, trains, and develops improvement ideas with team members and other plant personnel.
• Work closely with Operations Management and Human Resources to enable a team culture on the lines.
• Maintain timely and accurate appropriate project plans and documentation.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Plant and LALA U.S. leadership.
WORK EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
• 1+ full year in a role participating in Continuous Improvement initiatives in a manufacturing environment.
• 3+ years operations experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of TPM, Lean, and Six Sigma.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, manipulate, and analyze large sets of data against a proposed theory, project, hypothesis, or target.
• Demonstrated creative thinking, problem-solving, and analytical abilities.
• Mastery of MS Office Suite.
SKILLS / OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Able to think like a business owner on a fast-paced environment.
• Courageous integrity: someone able to proactively identify risks and opportunities in the best interest of a sustainable business operation.
• Curious; seeks to understand the business and impact of their role to the organization.
• Skilled in problem solving, plan development and priority setting.
• Proactive and results oriented.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or related discipline or at least 3 years’ relevant work experience
• Lean 6 Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
• Up to 25% travel is required. (once a month)
• Minimal Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic work to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.
• Minimal use of tools, equipment, and machinery.
• Frequently type/keyboard, grip and repetitive hand use.
• Work hours may vary depending on projects or assignments.