JOB PURPOSE (JOB SUMMARY):
Responsible for day-to-day administration of HR programs compliant with Federal and State Laws and aligned with LALA US overall business goals. This position will carry out responsibilities in functional areas, such as staffing, employee relations, compensation, benefit program management, training, employment, labor relations and personnel research.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
· Consistently apply employee handbook, Collective Bargaining Agreement and various human resources policies, ensuring legal compliance of company policies and procedures.
· Partner with the HR Recruiter on hiring related processes including drafting and posting job openings, scheduling and assisting with interviews, consulting supervisors on candidate selection and preparing offer letters. Manage drug and background screening process.
· Assist as needed in preparing and processing new hire paperwork along with conducting new hire orientation.
· Manage headcount, turnover, attendance tracking. Maintain current job descriptions as positions evolve with management regarding staffing and organizational needs.
· Manage the employee termination process including exit interviews, communication of final check requirements and timely response to unemployment claims and hearing.
· Advise team members and management personnel on the interpretation of personnel policies, programs, and procedures.
· Responsible for accurate and thorough employee information in personnel files and in HR software module for active and terminated employees.
· Responsible for accurate employee leave status related to FMLA, FFRCA
· Oversee employee communications, troubleshoot problems in a timely manner and seeking third-party advice as necessary; answering questions from employees and acting as a mediator in facilitating resolutions.
· Provide coaching, counseling, and guidance to stakeholders in handing difficult or complex issues.
· Conduct investigations, ensuring issues and/or concerns are identified, thoroughly investigated, and resolved properly in accordance with the company’s established procedures and guidelines.
Work closely with HR Manager to serve as a channel of communication to receive complaints, claims, report from the employees through Open Door Policy or other complaint procedures.
· Conduct and meet with Union representatives for any Grievance, complaints or negotiation required.
· Manage all necessary arrangements for payroll processing; approving and completing payroll process, by confirming and verifying accuracy of payroll data such as paid time off, insurance and any other deduction and time card information.
· Works with the HR Manager to develop and implement training materials and systems.
SKILLS / OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
· Able to think like a business owner on a fast-paced environment.
· Courageous integrity: someone able to proactively identify risks and opportunities in the best interest of a sustainable business operation.
· Curious; seeks to understand the business and impact of their role to the organization.
· Skilled in problem solving, plan development and priority setting.
· Proactive and results oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required.
- Master’s degree in HR or related field a plus.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification preferred.
- 3 + years progressive human resource experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Labor relations experience highly desired.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· Mastery of MS Office Suite.
· Frequently stands, walks and sits.
· Frequently type/keyboard, grip and repetitive hand use.
· Occasionally bends at the waist, twists and turns, kneels and squats.
· Work hours may vary depending on projects or assignments.
· Minimal Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic work to include: loud noise, excessive heat, cold, wet, and slippery conditions.