The Senior financial analyst for the corporate accounting & control team is a highly visible and impactful role in the organization helping to monitor, analyze, interpret, communicate, and drive business results. Reporting to the Controller Finance, this individual will be a key player in the month end close, financial reporting, Tax, and Audit compiling & consolidation. In addition, this individual will partner with the finance and supply chain team to support various analysis and reporting needs of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Perform month end close activities, including journal entry preparations & analysis.
- Balance sheet account validations, following up on balances and reconciling items.
- Performs quantitative analysis of operational and financial data.
- Assist in the preparation of financial data required for forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Streamline routine analysis, identify improvement opportunities to automate and create leverage.
- Preparation & coordination of quarterly Balance sheet reviews & reporting package preparations.
- Preparation of monthly sales & use tax files for tax consultants.
- Compile the external audit information from cross departments during annual audit.
- Compiling of data needed for quarterly & annual tax filings.
- Address accounts payable enquiries & cross functional communications.
- Performs ad hoc analysis including COGS and SG&A analysis, procurement analysis and product costings.
- Analyze balance sheet and P&L during close process for reasonableness.
- Interact and collaborate with the global service center team on month end close, reconciliation and treasury functions.
WORK EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- 4+ years previous industry accounting & Finance experience.
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience is preferred.
- SAP experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong knowledge of all accounting aspects.
SKILLS / OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and modeling experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, able to interface with senior leaders in the business
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus
- Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
- The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is necessary.
- Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending on the project or assignment.