JOB PURPOSE (JOB SUMMARY):
The Sr. Analyst – FP&A is a highly visible and impactful role in the organization helping to analyze, interpret, communicate, monitor, predict and drive business results. Reporting to the Sr. Manager – FP&A and Distribution Finance, this individual will be a key player in the development and coordination of the company's financial planning processes and systems, along with the development of corporate, management and performance reporting. In addition, this individual will partner with the business to support data/analytics utilizing our business intelligence platform. The Sr. Analyst – FP&A will also be accountable for key aspects of the FP&A function including evaluation of operating expenses, monthly close support, Capex Activities, forecasting and annual operating plan
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Performs quantitative analysis of operational and financial data
- Help Identify trends in the business and not only provide visibility on risks & opportunities but provide actions needed to mitigate or enhance
- Evaluates new projects and investment opportunities
- Builds and manages financial databases by organizing and analyzing a wide range of data sources
- Enhance reporting content and processes to ensure that reporting meets the business needs and is produced efficiently
- Streamline routine analysis, identify improvement opportunities to automate and create leverage
- Prepare detailed variance analysis and partner with finance members to research issues and present findings
- Prepares financial reports for internal use at the company by collecting, analyzing, formatting, and presenting information
- Building budgets and forecasts of future company performance
- Builds and maintains a corporate financial model that details the entire company’s operations and future performance
- Develop and maintain operating metrics and KPI’s, present findings and monitor business performance
- Performs ad hoc analysis
WORK EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE:
- 2+ years’ experience in finance
- SAP experience including Business Warehouse queries and reporting
- CPG experience and/or Food and Beverage experience is a plus
- Experience with business systems and financial reporting tools. Track record of effective cross functional collaboration and influence
- Track record of process improvement, simplification, and streamlining finance processes
SKILLS / OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and modeling experience.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, able to interface with senior leaders in the business.
- Self-starter with the ability to think strategically.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and be flexible in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Collaborator with passion for the business and driver of results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or a related field is required
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a plus
- This is a hybrid onsite/home-office position that reports to our Dallas, TX office at least 3 days per week.
- Normal office/virtual environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
- The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is necessary.
- Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending on the project or assignment.