DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Shopper Marketing Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
LOCATION: OH, MI
The Associate Manager – Shopper Marketing & Activation is responsible for development and execution of Shopper Marketing plans that deliver on brand and business strategies and objectives. In this role, the Associate Shopper Marketing Manager will cultivate strategies and plans that effectively drive shopper awareness and purchase of the LALA US product portfolio while also delivering on retail customer objectives. Like most roles at LALA US, the Associate Shopper Marketing manager role is very collaborative. He/she will need to work very closely and proactively with cross-functional teams, particularly sales and brand marketing, to create actionable plans, effective tools and memorable experiences with our brands in an effort to turn shoppers into loyal brand buyers and fans!
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
· Support the Shopper Marketing Manager in developing plans that are rooted in consumer, shopper, channel, and retailer insights and that deliver on brand and business objectives.
· Collaborate with agencies and external vendors execute shopper marketing programs and promotions along the entire path to purchase. Evaluate creative and media proposals, providing feedback and direction.
· Develop strong relationships with sales partners and customers to build mutually beneficial programs and promotions in a timely manner
· Collaborate with Sales Team, Brokers, Customer Marketing teams and other key constituents to understand both brand and customer objectives and opportunities
· Support the Shopper Marketing Manager with developing and delivering presentations internally, with agencies/vendors and with retail customers
· Participate in customer meetings including line reviews, product sell-ins and other topics
· Assist with the forecast process, including sales lift and brand performance for planned programs and promotions
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field is required.
· 2-3 years’ experience marketing consumer food & beverage products. Consumer packaged goods (CPG) experience is preferred
· Shopper Marketing experience with major grocery retailers is required. Experience with Kroger is preferred.
· Indirect or direct sales experience a plus.
· Experience working with agencies and vendors preferred.
· Requires innovative thinking and retail experience.
· Strong organization and project management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in Spanish a plus
· Strong attention to detail, follow-up and accountability.
· Knowledge of syndicated data such as Nielsen, IRI and retailer-specific data is a plus.
· Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
· The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is necessary.
· Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending on the project or assignment.
· Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time.