JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
The Customer Success team is responsible for the management of our high value and strategic accounts, ensuring we have strong relationships in place to drive high product adoption and reduce churn risks. It is the responsibility of the team to coordinate efforts across our customer’s organization in a manner that demonstrates value to the customer and provides opportunities for account expansion and loyalty/advocacy efforts.
The Director of Customer Success will have overall responsibilities for the actions and performance of Customer Success teams at MINDBODY. The incumbent will lead and guide the team to develop strategies to promote customer software adoption, drive customer satisfaction, develop customer action plans for dissatisfied customers, increase customers under contract and increase contract renewals. The Director, Customer Success will partner with other MINDBODY leaders in Revenue Ops, Sales, Onboarding and Support to create and deliver a seamless customer experience. Additionally, the incumbent will also be responsible for aligning and reporting on the effectiveness of Customer Success as it relates to the overall MINDBODY business strategies and work with leadership on how best to leverage and expand Customer Success to deliver ROI for both customers and MINDBODY.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ten (10) years of experience working in a Customer Success or related function within a growing SaaS business
- Five (5) years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement change with measurable outcomes within a Customer Success organization
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and motivate and drive work efforts; and able to manage and lead remote or regional teams
- Ability to present at the senior leadership level on the importance and effectiveness of Customer Success
- Demonstrated ability with implementing processes and systems that enable effectiveness and accuracy of reporting
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to handle challenging customer conversations skillfully
- Demonstrated ability in implementing and leveraging Gainsight and Salesforce is preferred
- Demonstrated ability of directly increasing revenue through Customer Success related activities
- Demonstrated ability to work with SMB and Mid‐market customers
- Demonstrated ability in developing and teaching the successful use of customer success plans and strategies
- Demonstrated ability with driving a culture of customer outcomes and results through a variety of activities and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and understandable manner that has a high level of impact. Ability to respond to questions in group and one‐on‐one consultative settings
- Working knowledge of scheduling, planning and project management practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to use active listening skills and advanced analytical skills to work through complex situations to effectively resolve a problem with the customer
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi‐task with a high‐level of accuracy and attention to detail
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the results of the Customer Success teams across all MINDBODY platforms and services, specifically to customer retention, satisfaction, renewals, and software adoption.
- Accountable for defining the activities that drive customer software adoption, customer satisfaction, renewals and expand opportunities.
- Responsible for the day‐to‐day operational management of Customer Success.
- Responsible for the hiring, development and performance assessments of the departmental management team and their direct reports. Work closely with P&C Business Partners and Recruiting to fill open positions and update job descriptions, as needed.
- Identify and respond to the Voice of the Customer information at both a macro and micro‐level as it relates to customers that are under Customer Success Management.
- Participate and contribute to Customer Journey mapping.
- Contribute to developing strategies cross functionally based on data and trends within the Customer Success practice.
- Develop and maintain key metrics for the department managers, including, but are not limited to: capacity; revenue retention; revenue expansion; and customer satisfaction.
- Highest level of escalation for the Customer Success teams.
- Establish and implement processes and supporting systems and tools that will enable the department managers to provide data back to the business on the effectiveness.
- Partner with Sales and Sales leadership to support potential high‐quality customers (HQC’s).
- Coordinate cross‐functionally to resolve customer friction points in the customer journey and to resolve escalated customer issues.
- Develop, monitor, analyze and report on key Customer Success KPIs on a regular cadence and in company Monthly Business Reviews (MBRs).
- Connect business goals to the individual performance and measurable results of the Customer Success team.
- Identify areas of improvement and project plan actions to continuously improve Customer Success processes.
- Drive data driven decision making and visibility among the department and cross‐functionally.
- Manage the closed loop process for customer feedback.
- Identify at‐risk customers and in coordination with department managers develop strategic plans to correct and retain.
- Accountable for the budget for the Customer Success team.
- Stay up to date on trends and current events within the SaaS Customer Success industry.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- We are open to hiring remotely for this position.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, to MINDBODY and customer locations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- This position is mostly stationary and will be required to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.