Working directly with Rainbow Hospice patients and families to provide support to patients in-home, at the Inpatient Unit, or in a Long Term Care Facility by using talents in the arts (drawing, painting, music and many more) to create art or perform as needed. Arts and Textiles Volunteers use their talents to create gifts that help our patients and families who are dealing with illness, grief and or loss. These
volunteers work in many different capacities throughout the organization
support staff and patient care and helping with special projects.
Helping to care for our patients and families is a critical role played by our volunteers. These positions are some of the most challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunities at Rainbow Hospice and Palliative Care. Volunteers in Patient Care and Family Support provide in-home services to patients currently being served by Rainbow Hospice.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assists the patient/family by providing respite, friendly visits, or essential services i.e. errands, shopping, light housekeeping, etc.
- Offers emotional support, companionship and supportive listening to patient/family.
- Serves as an integral member of the Hospice interdisciplinary team.
- Assist team and provides input to the plan of care as appropriate.
- Documents volunteer time and patient visit activity in an accurate, timely and objective manner.
- Maintains open communication, reporting regularly to the volunteer coordinator.
- Participates in bereavement follow-up with families, as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Adheres to Rainbow Hospice policies and procedures.
- Completes the mandatory annual education.
- Meets all health requirements set by Rainbow Hospice.
- Participates in volunteer support and educational in-services.
- Assists in training of new volunteers as appropriate.