Strategy and Management Services, Inc. (SAMS) is an award-winning, small business that delivers high-quality Back Office Support and Building Services for federal agencies, state and local governments and commercial entities. We are a team of problem solvers, strategists, and creative thinkers. At SAMS, we take pride in providing sustainable, long-term career paths and offering each of our employees the support, training, and work-life balance they need to achieve professional and personal growth.
Due to continued growth, SAMS is seeking a Recruiter to produce highly qualifed candidates for hard to fill "cleared" and "non cleared" positions in the Federal, State and Local Government market place as well as the Commercial market place. This successfull applicant must be able to work in a fast pace team oriented environment...
Major areas of responsibility or tasks performed critical to success (other duties may grow with this position):
• Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting diverse talent in a multi-site organization.
• Extensive knowledge of networking, social media, LinkedIn recruiter, Monster, recruiting ATS tools and building a candidate pipeline.
• Develop plans for key staffing initiatives.
• Manage full cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels of the organization.
• Create and implement employment marketing strategies to attract passive job seekers.
• Work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
• Develop strong relationships and partner with hiring manager, business leaders and HR.
• Work closely with hiring managers to maximize effectiveness of recruiting process.
• Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity.
• Regular follow up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
• Actively participate in all staffing related activities and engage in cross functional projects.
• Develop and implement search strategy that includes vendor selection process and performance metrics for all searches.
• Develop and maintain career opportunities section on the SAMS website.
• Identify and clarify all hiring specifications with hiring managers, present accurate and detailed job descriptions, and implement action plans to maximize candidate sourcing.
• Track all incoming candidate flow and maintain candidate status information in the company’s applicant tracking system.
• Review all applicants to verify that position requirements are met.
• Solicit and collect interview feedback from all interviewers and hiring managers.
• Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, best practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding recruitment of candidates.
• Manage external search firm relationships as needed.
• Recommend process improvements to the technical hiring efforts.
• Create a weekly recruiting report containing all open positions and a list of candidates in the pipeline (to be made visible to the entire Recruiting team).
• Perform phone screens as an initial step of the interview process and determine appropriate subsequent steps for candidates.
Utilize the Internet for recruitment as follows:
• Post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
• Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
• Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
• Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
• Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees.
• Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
• Assist in preparing and sending offer packages.
• Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
• Perform other special projects as assigned.