Primary responsibility is for the management of the Company’s external audit and interim review process by serving as primary point of contact to the external audit firm, responding to audit requests and overall process coordination. Provides research, recommends conclusions and documents, in memo form, technical accounting matters and the Company’s position thereon. Also is primary point of contact with the Company’s parent on quarterly reporting and accounting matters. Additionally and to a lesser extent certain accounting related duties within the Financial Reporting area related to period, quarter and annual financial close.
- Prepare the Company’s annual financial statements and related Notes.
- Coordinate the collection and review of external audit and parent communications
- Research, interpret and ensure compliance with new accounting guidance
- Maintenance and continual improvement of the information gathering process
- Lead in quarter and year-end planning
- Lead in the coordination of the quarter and annual external audit process
- Point on any key transactions or accounting impact from parent initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP A good working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills
- Strong technical writing skills, with effective verbal and written communications
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy and organization
- Effective process management skills
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Ability to do independent research and draw conclusions
- Ability to handle multiple time demands and manage multiple deadlines at once.
- Ability to prepare financial analyses from general ledger data
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of five years experience in either Big 4 or corporate external reporting positions, a 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance and a Certified Public Accountant certification. Heavy experience with the preparation of financial statements and related footnotes under US GAAP a must. Restaurant or retail industry experience a plus.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to have the ability to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, kneel and manipulate (lift, carry or move) light to medium weights of 20 – 40 lbs. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read and edit information.
Work hours: The hours may be in excess of Monday thru Friday, 8:00 – 5:00, normal operating hours, however, business needs may dictate additional hours and occasional night and/or weekends.