Responsible for supervising the Staff Accountant and Restaurant Accounting Manager. Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of reporting for certain accounts and balances, as directed by the Director of Financial Reporting. This includes areas of complexity requiring technical knowledge such as equity, debt and reserve accounting. Maintenance of the reporting integrity on Infocenter, timely and accurate store level and corporate reporting, and other projects and business analyses. Will be a key contributor in the event of acquisitions, mergers and divestitures.
● Train, supervise, motivate and develop the Staff Accountant
● Prepare and document closing journal entries each period
● Reconciliation of various accounts on a period basis
● Establish and maintain the accounting system for equity and share-based transactions and
related equity incentive information necessary for tax purposes.
● Maintenance of all reporting processes on a period basis on Infocenter
● Be involved with quarterly reviews and the annual audit by completing workpapers and
analyses, and coordinating certain information to/from the auditors
● Reviewing work and processes to ensure financial information is SOX compliant
● Prepare an Earnings Reconciliation each period to verify the integrity of the internal and
● Close accounting calendar each period in JD Edwards
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
● Ability to handle multiple time demands and manage deadlines at once
● Thorough understanding of computerized accounting system
● Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial reporting
● Thorough understanding of the restaurant business as well as the ability to utilize
computerized spreadsheet packages and other office-related software
● Ability to prepare financial analyses from general ledger data
● Strong interpersonal skills in working effectively with various departments and management
● Ability to supervise, motivate and develop people
Education and Experience
● 4-year degree in accounting a CPA certification or current candidate for the CPA certification
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY SPECIFICATIONS
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. When performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to travel both within the State of Colorado and other locations within the United States to attend business meetings or conferences.
- Work Environment – Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.