The Account Executive is responsible for finding, developing and securing new clients within an assigned geographic region for Campus Management’s CRM solutions and services. The Account Executive establishes and develops new strategic business relationships with prospective clients with a focus on introducing Campus Management CRM/ Application solutions for purchase. The Account Executive also identifies opportunities to introduce consulting services, managed services solutions and ERP/ SIS RSM’s. The Account Executive also coordinates with the sales leadership, sales support, account managers and services professionals in their region on territory planning and account planning activities to ensure a coordinated strategy where relevant.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Owns the overall relationship and communication with all key client stakeholders and decision makers with NET NEW clients to Campus Management for CRM/ Application Management
- Acts as a liaison between primary prospect contacts and all Campus Management staff who support new sales initiatives
- Engages in strategic and, at times, tactical conversations at multiple levels of the institution’s organization with relevant stakeholders.
- Represents the prospect’s voice and communicates their interests and needs to other departments within Campus Management
- Coordinates with the corresponding Account Manager and Professional Services team on transitioning new accounts to ensure proper continuity of new client experience post-sale
- Works closely with the Professional Services team to maintain a continuous knowledge of account status to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the opportunity
- Appropriately identifies, handles and runs point on any account escalations through the point of account transition
- Escalates opportunities to sales leadership that grow broader than CRM and could involve other Campus Management solutions
- Manages the sales and contract process for prospects of CRM/ Application Management for new clients
- Identifies and cultivates the introduction of products and/or professional services opportunities to new prospects
- Coordinates with Sales VP and the corresponding RSM to identify opportunities and sales leads for CRM and/or ERP/ SIS opportunities
- Coordinates with the Professional Services team on the scoping of services needed to properly implement products in the Campus Management portfolio
- Incorporates strategic and consultative selling techniques throughout the sales process for sales opportunities
- Delivers against quarterly and annual targets
- Focuses on selling Campus Management Platform products and services to new clients
- Manages and documents all sales-related activities for each client within the CRM system (Unify)
- Provides accurate forecasting to sales management for all new business opportunities
- In unison with the corresponding RSMs and Account Managers, creates territory plans that includes an analysis for the territory and a strategy for achieving annual revenue targets
- Thinks strategically about the prospect’s goals and objectives and advises prospect on best practices or new ways of thinking that support leveraging Campus Management solutions to make operational and strategic improvements
- Understands prospect challenges that may be hindering purchase and proposes solutions to overcome those challenges to ensure investment in Campus Management solutions
- Works with the corresponding Account Executives and Professional Services team to strategize, plan and execute prospect initiatives (client webinars, visit campaigns, communications)
- Utilizes information gathered throughout the sales process to develop a strategic account plan.
- Stays well informed about current industry trends and be able to talk intelligently about the education industry as well as the EdTech solutions industries
- Develops a specialized understanding of the business requirements and practices involving student recruitment, student success and retention strategies in higher education
- Has a working knowledge of the higher education CRM competitive landscape in order to improve sales outcomes and share information with internal teams to improve our competitive performance
- Has a high-level product knowledge of the Campus Management CRM solution set in order to provide recommendations and best practice suggestions to clients
- Keeps abreast of Campus Management company vision, product set, and services as well as the competitive landscape and is able to articulate Campus Management’ capabilities and service offerings effectively to client
- Stays in contact with the Products and Business Development team to provide feedback from the market to help shape product and partnership roadmaps
- Completes and successfully passes all product certifications to demonstrate a working knowledge of the Campus Management product portfolio
- Delivers in-person and online presentations and product demonstrations to prospects to showcase Campus Management portfolio capabilities to fit client’s needs
Campus Management provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal/national, state or local laws.