GISI Marketing Group is a leading integrated marketing services organization serving the Pacific Northwest for over fifty years. We are seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist to join our GISI Accounting team based in SW Portland. The position reports to the Financial Controller, offers a variety of responsibilities with on-the-job training, and an opportunity to further expand and develop your Accounting career.
• Participate in Accounts Receivable activities including daily balancing, bank deposits, client queries, monthly statements and credit memos.
• Provide support to other areas in department, including Accounts Payable.
• Bank reconciliations on daily and monthly basis as assigned.
• Journal entry activities, general ledger maintenance, preparation and review of financial reports.
• Train as immediate back up to Controller in areas of inventory and fixed assets reporting, generation of financial reports, various tax reporting, and related areas.
• Communicate and interact regularly with internal and external stakeholders.
• Degree required, preferably in Accounting or similar discipline.
• 2 years Accounting experience preferred.
• Strong math ability, keen eye for details, proven organizational skills.
• Familiarity with Accounting software, and strong proficiency in MS Excel and other MS Office programs.
• Well written and spoken, and comfortable working with wide variety of personalities.
• Experience with Great Plains Dynamics is a plus.
• Familiarity with payroll processing is also a plus.
Position offers competitive compensation commensurate with candidate’s experience and skill set. Available benefits include medical and prescription insurance, dental, orthodontic, vision, life, long term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick), associate assistance program (EAP), 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and Section 125 Flexible Spending Accounts.
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and desired compensation via email, and complete an online application.